Friday, May 25, 2012

Wedding Wednesdays Vol. 2: Things From Missouri

(Originally posted 1.18.11) 
 
When Keegan and I went to Missouri for the holidays, we scored some awesome deals for the wedding.

Exhibit A:
My bouquet! (You can see Keegan's enthusiasm for being my model.) It's made up of silk lilies that I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. It's made up of approximately 7 stems and I paid a total of $25 for it including the floral tape and ribbon I'm going to use to cover the stems (don't worry, the asparagus holders won't be there for the big day.)  

Exhibit B: 
Two adorable flower girl baskets. These were originally $32.50 each and I nabbed them for only $8.00 again at Hobby Lobby. While they're not quite the cream I was looking for, they'll do for $8. I was thinking of embellishing them with some green and orange ribbon to match the color scheme. 

Exhibit C: 
LED tea lights. Our venue doesn't allow fire of any sort, so we have to make do with tea lights. My mom nabbed me 20 of these packs for $.99 each the day after Christmas. That's right, 60 tea lights for less than $20! 

Exhibit D:
Two sashes for my flower girls from David's Bridal. We're going to have their mom (one of my bridesmaids) buy them cheap plain white dresses that *hopefully* they'll wear again and we bought them these sashes for only $10 so they'll match with the rest of the wedding party. Since they're going to be young (like 2 and 3.5,) we didn't want to worry about them messing up a really nice dress, so this way they don't have to worry about messing up their dress, but they can still look pretty and match with the wedding party. 

Exhibit E:
This ruched sash for my sister, Bri, who is my maid of honor. All of my bridesmaids are going to be wearing dark green dresses, but I wanted them to pick their own style. I wanted Bri to stand out since she's my maid of honor, so I figured this lighter green sash would allow her to stand out subtly. It also ties in the flower girl sashes, and it was only $20. 

I also got my wedding dress while we were in Missouri, but I'm not going to post a picture of that because Keegan says he sometimes reads my blog. Don't want to spoil the surprise! 

I'm extremely happy with what we found in Missouri; I feel like we got some great deals. Now if I could only get those pesky caterers to agree to something! 

Since we finally got our official address for our new house, hopefully next week I'll have the save the dates out to everyone and I can post about how I designed those and saved money by making my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment