Saturday, May 26, 2012

Program Fans

We're having our wedding in August in Missouri. Missouri + August = hot and muggy. We hope to combat some of the heat by having a later ceremony (starts at 5,) under a bunch of trees (yay shade!) as well as having program fans.

I've wanted to have program fans since before I was engaged. I always loved the look of them and the fact that they serve a purpose other than explaining what is going on during the ceremony is always a plus.

I don't remember where I found the first image of a program fan, but I've taken inspiration from Mrs. High Wire.

I love the fact that she put a word search on the back of her programs. What a fun way to keep your guests entertained while they're waiting! 

Keegan and I put the majority of our ceremony together today, so I thought I would knock out a few drafts of our program fans as well.

Originally, I thought I would do a game like a word search or a crossword on the back of our fans as well like this: 


Imagine this folded in half
(Personal image, click to make bigger) 

But then I thought that the readings we are incorporating into our ceremony are really important to us. We want our guests to be able to read along and understand the words our readers are saying and understand why they are important to us.

Imagine this folded in half
(personal image, click to make bigger)

I showed Keegan both drafts and he can't decide which one he likes more. He feels that the one with the crossword is more fun and "us," but he agrees that having the readings for guests to read is a good idea. I'm afraid that the one with the readings is too busy. When printed, it's not difficult to read, but we do have some...*ahem* older guests, so I don't want to make it difficult for them.

Suggestions? Opinions? Is the program with the quotes too difficult to read? Will our guests need entertaining while waiting for us to walk down the aisle? Am I over thinking this?


No comments:

Post a Comment