Friday, May 25, 2012

DIY Wedding: Flower Girl Baskets

(Originally posted 5.15.12)

Back in January, when we were in Columbia visiting for Christmas, my mom, Keegan, and I ran into Hobby Lobby to see what we could find for the wedding.

We found 2 flower girl baskets that were originally $32 each for $8. They weren't perfect, but I figured I could add some personal touches to make them work.

These are what they originally looked like. I wasn't a fan of the fabric around the edges with the random stitching, so I took it off. It was only hot glued on so it came off pretty easily.

Next, I messed around with adding the green ribbon that has been throughout many of our projects, and we came up with this:
Yes, that is a Diablo III box in the background. It was delivered to our house today and we love it! /nerd

There is a problem with one side of one of the baskets. Before I put on the thin green ribbon bow on the side, I had a thick green bow. I just wasn't liking how it looked, so I took it off. However, the hot glue I used is stuck there. Think anyone will notice? I'm sure our flower girls won't and I'll just have our photographer take pictures of the basket without random spots of glue on it.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them. I think that they fit the "feeling" or "theme" of our wedding a lot better, and they were super cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment