Friday, May 25, 2012

Etsy Is My Best Friend...

(Originally posted 5.1.12) 

....and my worst enemy.

Over the weekend, I made a hair flower that I'm thinking of wearing after I take off my veil for the reception.

(If anyone wants a tutorial, just tell me. It basically involves a lot of petal stripping and hot glueing.) 

Anyways, after I made my hair flower (of course) I decided to check out Etsy to see if they had anything that might interest me. I didn't look at Etsy before making my flower because I figured I wouldn't find anything or everything would be out of my price range.

Boy was I wrong.

First I started out with maple leaf hair thing-ys (yes, that's the technical name.) 

A little out of my price range ($51,) but amazing nonetheless. 
Much more in my budget and so cute! 
Found here.
Want.
Next I moved onto clover/shamrock hair thing-ys
Unfortunately, a lot of them were made out of ribbon which was too much of a hand-made feeling for me, but I still think they're cute. 
Only $4!
Found here, again only $4. 
Maybe I could wear a leaf in my hair and Keegan could wear a clover as a boutonniere?
Anyone want to help me convince Keegan that I need one of these since I already made my hair flower?

Edit:
Scratch all those, I want these:


These are more than I would pay for hair flowers ($39), but they're so pretty! And they look so much more put together than anything I could make.   

No comments:

Post a Comment