Friday, May 25, 2012

Operation Lookin' Sexy Update

(Originally posted 5.15.12)

So, I've totally failed on keeping and tabs on my operation lookin' sexy. I fell off the wagon for about two months and have just recently started giving it more of my time and attention in this last month and a half. I created a profile on SparkPeople and have been tracking my calorie intake as well as my work outs. I've been doing my Jillian Michael's 30 days Shred DVD at least three times a week in the mornings before work.

I *think* I'm seeing progress. My pants are looser (thank goodness for belts,) I can hook my bra a notch tighter, and a volunteer from work came up and asked me last Friday if I've lost weight. Even Keegan has told me I'm skinner without being prompted (not that he needs me to prompt him to tell me I look good, but you know what I mean.)

The only problem? The scale isn't telling me that my new routine is working. I'm confused as to if I've actually lost weight. I'll weigh myself in the mornings and the scale will tell me that I've lost 3 pounds. If I weigh myself at night, it looks like I haven't lost any weight. I know that my weight will be lower in the mornings after 8 hours of not eating and my weight will be higher at night after consuming three meals, but it's kind of disappointing to not see the scale move after a month of hard work.

I know that the general school of thought is to go off of how your clothes feel, and mine are certainly feeling looser, but I'd still like to see the numbers drop. Anyone have any ideas as to why it seems like I'm loosing inches but not overall weight? Ultimately I just want to be healthier than I currently am, but it would be a confidence booster to see the numbers drop. Should I just continue what I'm doing and eventually my body will catch up?

I have my first dress fitting on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment