Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Have a Confession...Part 2

So when we left off, I had just purchased my wedding dress. Mistake #4 was the fact that I didn't ask the price of the dress before I agreed to buy it, so after tax, it came out to be a little over $1,600.

I left the appointment feeling down and extremely confused. I had an appointment at David's Bridal next, but I didn't see the point in keeping the appointment since I had just purchased a dress. My mom suggested I keep the appointment so that we could look at bridesmaids dresses. I called Keegan to tell him to meet us at DB. He asked how the appointment at Victoria's Bridal had gone and I told him I would tell him later about it. He could tell in my voice that something was wrong.

We met up at David's Bridal and eventually got through purchasing bridesmaids dresses for my two sisters. I let my concern and disappointment ruin the fun of picking out dresses for my sisters which I really regret now. Back at my parent's house I emailed Victoria's Bridal to see if they could send me the make and model (for lack of better words) of the dress I had just purchased. They did (The designer was Robin Jillian and the style is Amelia Anne if you're interested) and after an hour or two of searching, I found out that my Robin Jillian doesn't allow pictures of her dresses to be put online. Of course there are a few pictures that brides have taken secretly, but none of them were of my dress.

With my history of forgetting important things, I was now faced with 5-6 months of wondering if I had chosen the right dress with no pictures of my dress or being able to recall what it looked like. I questioned my decision for a few weeks and then forgot about the dress. I figured that it was just a dress, it was over and done with. If I tried it on at my first fitting and hated it, I would deal with it then.

I got a call in mid May saying my dress had come in. I set up an appointment for the Saturday Keegan and I were going back to Missouri for my sister's graduation and promptly started worrying about the dress again. Would it fit? How would I feel about it after forgetting what it looked like for 5 months? I hoped that it had magically turned into a dress that I loved, that I was just confused when I picked it out. I was hopeful.

My dad and I ended up going to my dress fitting together because my mom had to be at my sister's graduation. I met with the seamstress at Victoria's Bridal (who was great) and she took me into a dressing room. We made small talk, I got naked in front of her, and we threw on my dress. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror.

Scram Keegan. Dress pictures ahead.


 

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The corset made my waist look smaller than it is. However, where the corset lacing ends makes my butt look big. It made my dad cry, but it made me sweat bullets just standing there while I was being pinned. My boobs are covered and I'm not showing too much cleavage, but the beads are itchy.

The seamstress pinned my hem and we decided on a bustle. In about 30 minutes, the alterations were done and I payed the rest of the money I owed. After alterations, my total for my dress was a little over $1,800. Only $300 over my budget, but I can't believe that I spent that much money on a dress that I will wear for maybe 10 hours total. That's almost as much as I spent on my first car. Esh.

So how do I feel about the whole situation today? You'll have to wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment