Monday, July 2, 2012

RSVP Deadline

Well friends, the deadline for our RSVPs has come and past (July 1, 2012.) Where do we stand?

*Note: these numbers include RSVPs we have gotten through email and FaceBook from friends who's RSVPs seem to have gotten lost in the mail. These numbers also include our wedding party which comes out to about 20 people.*

53% have responded
25% Yes
28% No

This means....

We invited 283 people (holy crap I didn't realize it was that many! That does include +1s and kids, however.)

72 Yes
78 No

For the family gathering the night before (instead of a traditional rehearsal dinner):

45 Yes
89 No

How do I feel about the numbers? Well, I'm honestly kind of disappointed. I'm not really disappointed by the number of coming/not coming (I've gone through that disappointment before,) but I'm surprised at the amount of people that haven't responded at all. I know that we sent out the invitations in May (2 months before our RSVP deadline and 3 months before the wedding) so people have probably forgotten or lost their RSVP card, but sheesh, c'mon people! *Note: we sent our our invitations so early because 99% of our guest list is coming from out of city/state/country. We wanted to give everyone enough time to finalize their travel plans.*


If there is one thing that I have learned from being a bride, it's to send back your RSVP card as soon as you know you are able to/not able to come. For the two weddings we were invited to this summer, I sent back the RSVP card the next day. One of the couples even said they were surprised at how fast our RSVP got back to them. I honestly think that it's just courteous to get it back to the couple as soon as possible so that they have one less RSVP to worry about and they can get seating charts/place cards/favors/etc. ready. If only 47% of our guests had the same mindset....

Since we have to give Hy-Vee the final food count in 2 weeks, I see these next few weeks full of tracking down the rest of our guests. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment