Thursday, July 5, 2012

One Month

Yesterday, July 4, 2012 marked the one month point until our wedding (as well as my late grandma's birthday, America's birthday, and 19 days until my golden birthday, but who's counting?)

Anyways, yes, we have 1 month (minus a day) until our wedding.

Que freak out.

We still only have about 55% of our RSVPs. I don't know if our mailman is still losing them or our friends are just lazy, but c'mon people! I have to give Hy-Vee our final head count in less than two weeks and I really don't feel like tracking down half our our guest list. Half of me wants to assume that if they haven't responded by now, they're not coming, but the other, more controlling, type-A side of me freaks out about not having enough chairs/food/drinks if we just assume. Remember, assuming makes an ass out of you and me (or something like that) and I wouldn't want to be an ass of a bride.

*Side note, I had a friend tell me last night that he blatantly lost our invite. Now, I realize that we sent them out two months ago and not everyone is like me and puts wedding invitations on their fridge, but really?! I guess I'm more hurt than anything because I put so much work into our invitations. I knew that they would be beat up in the mail and eventually tossed in the trash, but it still hurts my heart knowing that someone didn't care enough about our invitations and just lost it.*

The one month mark has also brought some problems from future in-laws (which I'll possibly get into in another post.) However, we're working through it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it'll basically come down to the, "You're not paying for anything, it's our wedding, get your nose out of it," talk. I don't want it to, but one month until the wedding isn't the right time for you to tell me that you don't approve of our favors.

Overall, I'm nervous. And stressed. And more giddy than a schoolgirl. Whenever I think about the wedding, I get butterflies in my stomach. Mostly, I'm excited about finally marrying my bestest best friend. However, I'm also nervous. I've never thrown such a large party before (which is really what our wedding will be.) I know things will go wrong, but I hope that overall the wedding goes off without a hitch.

I promised myself that by this time, I would have most of my DIY projects done, but we all know how that goes. I have a lot left to finish so blogging may have to take a place on the back burner *gasp!* I'll still update as much as I can with how things are going and more DIY projects. Currently in the works: a DIY photobooth, DIY name hangers (doesn't every bride want one?,) our favors, food and fun.

Hang in with me readers! It's going to be a bumpy ride, but it'll be one to remember!





No comments:

Post a Comment