Thursday, June 7, 2012

Forever21, You're On My Hit List

About 3 weeks now, I ordered this beauty from Forever21:

(Only I ordered mine in cream)

I thought it would be a perfect accessory for my hair on my wedding day, and at only $3.80, it was a total steal. About a week later, I got the yellow Forever21 package in the mail and hurried inside to open it. I slowly tore opened the yellow tissue paper and was greeted with....
Not my hair flower. Not even close. According to the shipping information included in the package, I had gotten some girl's earrings who lived in Texas. I mean, her name started with A as well, but I honestly don't understand the mix up. Apparently, neither did the Forever21 customer service girl I spoke to. She seemed quite surprised that I had gotten someone's order besides my own. The customer service representative said that they were going to refund my money and I could do whatever I wanted with the earrings.

A week later, they still hadn't refunded my money. I called their customer service again and was told that sometimes there could be a "hold up" in the money transferring, and if I don't get it in another 7-10 days, I should call again.

I was waiting until I got my money refunded before I bought my hair flower again, but since it looked like it could take another week before my money got refunded, I decided to re-order my flower to ensure I had it for my hair trial the weekend of June 23.

I went onto Forever21's website, found the flower, and was thisclose to buying it when I noticed that the cream option was out of stock. They only had "dusty pink" and fuchsia, neither one of which will go with my wedding ensemble.

Well crap. I did a quick Ebay search to see if anyone was selling it there, but no luck. I then turned to Etsy to see if I could find something similar. Apparently the trend now is to make the ribbon flowers with the singed edges a la:

They're not ugly, but not my cup of tea (nor in my wedding colors.)

I finally found a few that I wouldn't hate if I had to buy them

 


But neither of them are exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to message Forever21 and see if they happen to have another cream flower in stock; if not, I'll have to buy something else. 

Anyone else have a company mess up their wedding ensemble? 



Update: 
I ordered the flower with the headband. The flower is detachable, so I can try it both ways, as a headband and as a clip. Hopefully it'll get here before my hair trail on the 23rd! 




No comments:

Post a Comment