Monday, June 25, 2012

Emily Post and I Are Finally Friends

*Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend; Keegan and I were in KC, MO for his cousin's wedding. This was supposed to post on Friday, but obviously, it didn't, so here it is now. *

I finally gave in and Miss Emily and I became fast friends on Tuesday night. I decided to push my wishes of everyone getting the same thank you note aside and banged out 5 simple but effective thank yous in the span of about an hour.

I made a file in Photoshop so that the thank yous would be the right size to fit into the envelopes we used for our RSVPs since we had a butt-ton of them left (and yes, a butt-ton is a unit of measurement....at least in my world.) Our thank yous came in a about 5 x 3.5 inches. Just big enough to write a quick note, but small enough that I wasn't trying to fill it up with random garble.

I decorated them with leave and clover punch outs and stuck them in envelopes with the Love postage that was originally used for our invitations.

You say you want examples? Well here they are!

I love the itty-bitty leaves! They're like 1/3 inch big.
 
Please ignore that strange green tint in the upper left hand corner. My scanner does strange things.

The thank yous I made were mostly for guests who couldn't come to the wedding except for the one guest who is coming but sent their present early. I figure for this guest and for any more who send their presents early but still come to the wedding, they will get this thank you for their gift and a wedding picture thank you for coming to the wedding. Best of both worlds! 

What did you do for early thank you notes? Did you make them right away and send them off or did you make Emily cringe and wait until after the wedding so that everyone had the same thank you? Am I the only one who gets annoyed by not everyone having the same one? 


No comments:

Post a Comment