Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY Wedding: Candy Bar

I'll admit it, the candy bar trend sucked me in. I have an insane sweet tooth and loved the idea of snacking on some of my favorite candies during the wedding. Little did I know that I'd be so busy dancing and seeing everyone that I wasn't able to enjoy any of it! 

After I had fallen head over heels for the candy bar, I started looking up prices. Many websites and blogs I found suggested buying in bulk over the internet from places like Candy Warehouse. Don't get me wrong, websites like these are great if you are interested in finding candy in your wedding colors or a specific type (sour, chocolate, etc.) However, they are expensive. I've heard at some websites the shipping costs more than the actual candy itself. With that in mind, plus not wanting to deal with ordering candy a few days before the wedding and hoping that it made it in time, I decided to go a different route. 

I started browsing Sam's Club to see what they had to offer. I wasn't able to find candy in only our wedding colors, but I was able to get some of our favorite candies for a fraction of the price I would have paid at a wholesaler online. I got Tootsie Rolls, Laffy Taffey, Sour Punch Straws, DumDum Suckers, Starbursts, Skittles and AirHeads for under $50. It was enough to fill our candy bar and we even had some left over (we're still whittling down the DumDum suckers.) I put the candy in jars, most of which Keegan's mom donated for the wedding. We put pictures of our parents and grandparents at their wedding day behind the jars and ta-da! One sweet candy bar. (This is where our "Love is Sweet" bunting was supposed to go, but it didn't get put up.) 

Now, shopping at Sam's worked for us because we didn't really care if we only served green and orange candies. We just chose candies that we enjoyed and that we could pawn off on our friends and families if we had any left over (we gave my parents the majority of a 5 lb. bag of Tootsie Rolls.) If you're interested in doing a candy bar but can't stand spending hundreds of dollars online, Sam's might be a great budget saver!





(I was in no way compensated for this post by any company.) 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!

    - The candy bar ma

    ReplyDelete