Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIY Wedding: Love Is Sweet Bunting

So until I became a bride and immersed myself in everything bridal, I had no idea this was called bunting:


Now I do, and I've fallen in love with it like many another bride, especially the "Love Is Sweet" bunting that has adorned many candy buffets and cake tables.


So yes, I had to jump on the bunting bandwagon and make my own.

First, Keegan and I had to figure out how long our bunting would be and how wide each triangle could be. Our sweets table is going to be 5 feet, or 60 inches long. We figured we would need a little longer string so to attach it to the sides of the table and let it sag in the middle a bit. Keegan did fancy math and figured out 7.5 feet would be perfect. He then did more fancy math and figured out that a 6 inch wide triangle would allow there to be enough room to space out the triangles a bit.

So I took that information and made myself some triangles in Photoshop, my first love.

(Personal Photo)
I got 2 triangles on an 11" x 8.5" piece of paper. 

Next, I started working on the letters. I wanted to use the same typeface we have been using for all of our paper pieces (Monotype Corsiva,) but the "I" was slanted and looked funny in the triangle. I settled on Segoe Script and typed out "LOVE IS SWEET." After re-arranging the letters, I flipped the entire image horizontally so that the letters printed out backwards. That way, when I cut them out, the ink and cut lines wouldn't be seen. 

That looked like: 
(Personal Photo)

I printed out the letters in orange paper, the triangles in green and glued them together. It came out like: 
(All three photos above are personal photos)

We taped the string and the letters to the wall to ensure that we had enough space and everything looked ok. I'm going to punch holes in the corners and we'll string it all together when we get to Missouri. 

I'm quite happy with it! The entire thing from working in Photoshop to cutting them out and gluing them down took less than an hour. Quick but effective! 



No comments:

Post a Comment